Recipe Inspired by Fruitables Popular Flavor Mashups: Bacon Wrapped Apples
Inspired by bacon wrapped dates, one of the great holiday bites, this snack is an everyday version that’s a bit lighter, and lower in carbs and sugar. Plus, it’s easy and just tastes delicious — because apples and bacon! These make a perfect afternoon snack, but also work really well as a breakfast bite and can easily be served as an appetizer at your next cocktail party!
Bacon Wrapped Apples
Recipe by Stacie Billis for Fruitables
Makes 8 bites
Freshly ground black pepper
8 strips of bacon
1 tablespoon maple syrup (optional)
- Core and cut the apple into 8 wedge-shaped pieces. Toss with freshly ground pepper: don’t be shy!
- Wrap each piece of apple in a strip of bacon and, as best you can, place seam side down in a medium pan that has a lid (ideally one that’s non-stick or cast iron).
- Set the pan over medium heat, add 2 tablespoons of water, cover, and cook for 4 to 5 minutes, allowing the apples to soften and the water to cook off.
- Uncover and continue cooking, turning the pieces to ensure that the bacon crisps up on all sides, 3 to 5 minutes.
- Right before turning off the heat, drizzle the apples with maple syrup and cook for another 30 seconds. Remove from heat and serve immediately.
Our Dog & Cat Blog
Post a Comment
We welcome your participation! Please note that while lively discussion and strong opinions are encouraged, Manna Pro reserves the right to delete comments that it deems inappropriate for any reason. Comments are moderated and publication times may vary.